Sunday, April 13, 2008

I kept forgetting to update!

Sorry! I could have sworn I updated this thing recently, but apparently, I'm just going crazy.

Work has been busier do to the fact that I have extra classes from 3:30-5:00 on Monday and Wed-Fri. It's double the work but double the pay, so I can't really complain. The kids are getting more restless as the semester rolls on, but they're still quite cheerful.

Spring is finally coming in, so it's been in the mid-sixties! The cherry blossoms are gorgeous in the city and there are flowering trees everywhere. I'm so excited for this next month or so, since 1) I have 3 days off this week when my students go on a retreat 2) I have another 5 day weekend in early May due to Children's Day and we're all going on a tour of the Korean islands 3) and my parents are visiting!




Dean and I went to Boramae Park on Thursday. It's a bit over a mile from our apartment but it was a very pleasant walk. There was a big group of older men playing traditional board games by the lake.

The cherry blossom trees by Sindaebang station. Really beautiful.






The Sillim Market by Sillim Station. It's sooooo long but really cool. Tons of fresh fish, vegetables, fruits, ginseng, meat, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

ONK said...

Hi
I just moved to Korea and came across you blog
your the first teacher that ive seen that works in a middle school
and i was just wondering if you had tips or things that youve picked up
im in Suwon so i dont know if the school would be any different
im the first native teacher ever at the school so the other teachers are in the same boat as me :)
any help would be great
thank you

Edward Onkaspol