Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Welcome, Blue!

I got a cat! He's 8 months old and I named him Blue. A woman in Itaewon runs a cat shelter, and I adopted him from there. Dean and I picked him up last night. He's playful and very affectionate. I felt so bad going to work today and leaving him alone in the tiny apartment.

So I started my new session of my extra class began today...and it's the same students, plus two boys! I was really, really happy when a teacher gave me the new list. Honestly, I expected only two or three of the girls to definitely re-sign, so I couldn't stop smiling as I ran down the list of almost all familiar names. The school is trying to cram the 10 classes in before December 29, so next week, we have FOUR extra classes. It's going to be intense. I didn't notice until my girls showed me the schedule and were like, "Oh, teacher...so much! Oh! So tiring!" So I told them that we would be decorating the English classroom for Christmas and that we could watch a Christmas film, as long as they were willing to do worksheets on it. They happily obliged, so that will make next week go by a lot faster.

Dean and I ordered our plane tickets today! We'll be flying to Dulles in D.C. on Jan 19 (Dean finishes work on Jan 18, I finish work Dec 29), and then we'll be flying back to Korea on Feb 3. It'll be a nice, nice break, and I'm really looking forward to it. I feel like it will be hard to come back...even though I love Korea, I'm going to feel nervous. The Korean school year starts in Feb/March, so I'm going to have 820 new students. It's a lot of pressure, so the idea of flying back to all new students is not exactly something I relish. Even though some of my students are quite the handful right now, I'm going to miss them when they graduate.

Two of my students during lunch. The camera did something crazy just as they were walking away, but I like this picture. The boy on the right is quite the enthusiastic participant, despite his tough demeanor outside of class. He enjoys rap, soccer, and--apparently--learning English.


Some of my 7th grade girls. Whenever I turn the camera on them, they just flee!! This caught them right before they flat out ran away from me. :(


This is Blue! I'm not sure on his middle name. Blue Rochester Murphy? Blue Diablo Murphy? Noooot sure yet.



Another picture of my special Blue.

No comments: