Thursday, December 6, 2007

Get me through December

I've been really tired this week, and I'm not sure that I have a valid reason for it. My classes have been easy--too easy, maybe. The 7th graders are preparing for their final exams next week, so I have just been doing Lesson 12 from the book and then a short game of Taboo afterwards. Since the 9th graders are finished with EVERYTHING until Dec 29, they have a lot of movie days. I show up for class not knowing if any of *them* will come crashing through the door, and it's a 50/50 chance. I was supposed to teach 5 classes today, but only taught 2 and 1/2. Very simple.

In my extra class, we decorated the English classroom. It took yesterday and today, and only one side of the classroom has decorations. But the room is just too big! So while one side is festooned in red and green, the other remains stoically beige and boring. At least it's something. During the winter break, I plan on making some decorations for my classroom that I can use all year.

Kirsten, Liz, Andrea, Dean, Erica, and I met up in Gangnam last night to draw names for our Secret Santa. It's always a nice pick-me-up to see them on the weekdays. Oh! And I bought a new winter jacket. It's long, casual, down-filled, and soooo very Korean-style.

And here is a video of the blind artist game.

Online Videos by Veoh.com


Ho Yeon, Ju Yeon, and Na Rae watching the artist at work. Can you tell what kind of jacket is popular in Korea right now?


Half of the extra class in front of the decorations.

No comments: